WordPress 3.0 network and Akamai CDN serious troubleshooting
we are having at work really serious troubles with WordPress and Akamai. We are running a multisite (network) 3.0.5 install, with subdirectories. Here are the URL’s:
- http://municipios.lasprovincias.es (the “main” Akamaized site)
- http://municipios-origin.lasprovincias.es (the main WordPress site, configured at wp-config as base-URL self-hosted in a Linux machine)
- http://municipios.lasprovincias.es/paterna — sample site
- http://municipios.lasprovincias.es/teulada-moraira — sample site
- http://municipios.lasprovincias.es/algemesi — sample site
The problem we have is that, while everything is pointing to http://municipios-origin, the Akamai url is http://municipios… but in the source code of *everything* under http://municipios, it refers to http://municipios-origin (plugins, images, permalinks, etc…), so CDN is not working, because it loads everything from our server directly.
We are at the same time, running an Akamaized WPMU 2.8 (not updated) and everything works properly, without doing anything (but changing the base URL)…
Please, can anyone have a look and help us? I have had a reply from someone from Akamai, that says the problem is on WP roof (http://www.quora.com/Akamai/What-is-the-configuration-for-using-Akamai-as-CDN-of-a-WordPress-3-0-Multisite)…
Can anyone help me? Let’s start a conversation, so it could be helpful for those we use Akamai CDN and WordPress.
Thank you very much in advance for your help.
Oscar Garcia C.
Code is Poetry.
- The topic ‘WordPress 3.0 network and Akamai CDN serious troubleshooting’ is closed to new replies.