Alex, I don't see a way to provide information to the WordPress Help Center without also providing them money. Here's what I found on my system, which is running WordPress 2.9 with Akismet 2.2.7 the only other active plugin (and Hello Dolly and the Twitter Tools suite the only other installed plugins).
With all of the Twitter Tools plugins deactivated, if I create a new post, type Testing in the post header and body, then click Save Draft, the post saves just fine.
If I then move that draft post to the trash, activate only the main Twitter Tools plugin (leaving the Twitter Tools - Bit.ly URLs, Twitter Tools - Exclude Category, and Twitter Tools - Hashtags plugins deactivated), create a new post with Testing in the post header and body, and click the Save Draft button, I get the "Your attempt to edit this post: “Testing” has failed. Please try again." error message. When I re-navigate to my weblog (not using the browser Back button), I find the post saved as a draft but with only the post header field filled. The body is empty.
I can edit that draft post, type Testing in the body, click the Save Draft button again, and the post saves without error.
The Twitter Tools settings are:
- Enable option to create a tweet when you post in your blog? Yes
- Tweet prefix for new blog posts: New blog post
- Set this on by default? No
- Create a blog post from each of your tweets? No
- Create a daily digest blog post from your tweets? No
- Title for daily digest posts: My Tweets for %s
- Create a weekly digest blog post from your tweets? No
- Title for weekly digest posts: Twitter Weekly Updates for %s
- Order of tweets in digest? Oldest first (chronological order)
- Category for tweet posts: General
- Tag(s) for your tweet posts: twitter
- Author for tweet posts: gary-petersen
- Exclude @reply tweets in your sidebar, digests and created blog posts? No
- Tweets to show in sidebar: 5
- Create tweets from your sidebar? Yes
- JS Library to use? jQuery
- Give Twitter Tools credit? Yes
Disabling the Twitter Tools plugin restores the blog to normal performance.
Thanks for the plugin and your help in fixing this issue. Gary