For the last few months I have been working hard on a new website of mine and using WordPress for the first time since it suited all my needs. Over all I think WordPress is a great piece of software. But one item which I hope will be worked on is the Media Library.
My site now has over 4,000 images and growing by leaps and bounds. What I found the Media Library lacking is good image management. I know that this is probably been a hot topic, but in my use I found the following problems:
– Can only search by title name and not image file name.
– No easy way to put images in categories and/or No options for tags (keywords to group images – Image Tags??
– No feedback if any problems with the resizing of images or more any problems deleting images.
– No Comment fields options which. A lot of my images have a ref number and would be good to be able to add a extra field for this.
– No Image SQL database – Having to use good old Excel for this
I have looked at many plugins but found that I want to stick with the core library due to the high volume images. As I work with the site, I’ll be using a lot more images and needing to use old images to reduce duplications. As you can guess, a lot of time is put into remembering what images I have, and more, time wasted searching for images.
I hope Media Library v2.0 will help better manage images.
- The topic ‘WordPress 2.7 Media Library’ is closed to new replies.