WordPress 2.7 -> 2.71 upgrade login problem, new user
Apologies, I’m new to both Dreamhost and WordPress and I need some very basic help regarding the connection info to use when upgrading WP.
1) In the Dreamhost domain control panel, I set up a test domain called “moutai123.dreamhosters.com.”
2) I installed WordPress 2.7 using the automatic/easy install feature. The blog is at “blog.moutai123.dreamhosters.com.” I did not touch the blog – so it has the default first post, first comment, etc.
3) In the WP admin panel, I clicked the “WordPress 2.7.1 is available! Please update now.” link at the top of the screen.
4) I selected “upgrade automatically”
5) I was asked to enter “connection information.” At first, everything was blank and I didn’t know what to put, so I used host name “moutai123.dreamhosters.com” and my shell user name and password. I selected connection type FTP, hit “Proceed.”
6) I then get the error message:
Unable to locate WordPress directory.
My specific question:
Am I using the right server name? Should I be using the domain name of the blog, or should I be using the FTP server name I was assigned to?
- The topic ‘WordPress 2.7 -> 2.71 upgrade login problem, new user’ is closed to new replies.