Support » Plugin: Wordfence Security » Wordfence file and path showing in search results

  • Resolved deejay1152

    (@deejay1152)


    When I search for my company in Google, I’m getting this description in search results:

    …. /wp-content/plugins/wordfence/vendor/wordfence/wf-waf/src/lib/ … wfWAFStorageFile::atomicFilePutContents(‘/home/webmark/p.

    Why is this showing? Can you please tell me how to remove this and have a content page show in the search results.

    Thanks

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Plugin Author wfphil

    (@wfphil)

    Hello,

    Can you send me a screenshot of this appearing in Google search results please.

    Also can you reply with the full URL for the search result link please.

    Thank you.

    deejay1152

    (@deejay1152)

    Hi … thanks for responding.

    Here is the URL for the search result:

    https://www.google.ca/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=wJz_WK7VGIGN8Qfy-77YDg#q=webmark+systems

    There is no way to upload a screenshot in this forum, but if you to the link above, you’ll see it’s the first entry.

    Doug

    Plugin Author wfphil

    (@wfphil)

    Hello,

    Yes, unfortunately you can’t upload images here and you would have to use an external image hosting service.

    The link you provided didn’t work so I used this Google search operator below:

    site:yourdomain.com wf-waf

    It returned 4 URL’s with a similar Wordfence error. I am seeking assistance from my colleagues to see what is causing this.

    • This reply was modified 3 months ago by  wfphil. Reason: HTML formatting
    Plugin Author wfphil

    (@wfphil)

    Hello,

    The reason that this error message is being indexed by Google is because the PHP setting display_errors is either enabled locally or on the server. If you’re not sure how to disable this setting your hosting provider should be able to help.

    Why this error is occurring – we are not sure. We recommend running at least PHP version 5.6.x and that you update WordPress, your theme and all plugins wherever possible to the latest versions. Please also monitor your PHP error logs for the error. They are available for you to download on the Wordfence “Diagnostics” tab on the “Tools” page.

    If the error persists please let us know.

    Please also send me your Wordfence Diagnostics report. Go to the bottom of the “Diagnostics” tab on the “Tools” page and click on the “Send Report by Email” button and send to phil [@] wordfence [dot] com. Please remember to add your forum username in the relevant text field so that I know that the report is from you.

    Thank you.

    deejay1152

    (@deejay1152)

    Hi … thanks for the reply.

    I’ve had a number of issues with changes my hosting provider made to my account or on the server … of which this was one.

    Some adjustments have been made on my account, and I checked the search results and they now show the proper results.

    The problem was not with Wordfence (which I’m very happy with), but with my hosting company making changes on the server and/or with my account, without my knowledge.

    Anyway, thanks for your help and great customer service.

    Deejay

    Plugin Author wfphil

    (@wfphil)

    Hello Deejay,

    Fantastic to hear that the problem has been resolved for you.

    I am marking this topic as resolved.

    If however, for whatever reason, you are still experiencing this issue and it is not resolved please respond to the post, which moves it back up the queue, and mark this topic as “not resolved”.

    Thank you.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.