Hello Woocommerce Forum folks.
I’m trying to override a woocommerce template in my child theme, and I’m following the recommendation in http://wcdocs.woothemes.com/codex/template-structure/ to the letter.
That said, it isn’t working — when I jump to the woocommerce my-account page while not being logged in, I get the usual Sign-In / Register page (as expected). However, it keeps pulling form-login.php from the plugin directory, and not from my child theme directory.
Here’s how it’s set-up:
(1) Woocommerce login template is in:
wp-content -> plugins -> woocommerce -> templates -> myaccount -> form-login.php
(2) Woo Theme “Whitelight” is installed in:
wp-content -> themes -> whitelight
(3) My child-theme for the Whitelight theme is installed here (and works just fine):
wp-content -> themes -> whitelight-dalluva-child
(4) I have copied form-login.php in (1) above into my child theme directory, as follows:
wp-content -> themes -> whitelight-dalluva-child -> woocommerce -> templates -> myaccount -> form-login.php
When I load the login/register page, I know it’s pulling from (1) because I can edit that original template file and see the results in the display.
I must have something basic missing, but I’m following the Woo recommended procedure for overriding a template file (as in http://wcdocs.woothemes.com/codex/template-structure/).
Anyone see something obvious I’m missing?
Many thanks in advance.
- The topic ‘Woocommerce template overriding isn't working in my Child theme’ is closed to new replies.