Support » Plugin: Custom Post Type UI » WooCommerce Cuts Off CPT

  • Resolved art137

    (@art137)


    New to this plugin but not new to WP. I created a post type and fields with ACF. 4 posts were created and worked fine, however upon activating WooCommerce the four posts changed to 403 “page not found” (I have no taxonomies created). There are no post or product categories or tags named the same. When changing permalinks to default the four posts work but when changing permalinks to custom /%category%/postname%/ or any other custom setting it sparks the 403. I have no cacheing plugin activated and am using the dev version of WP

    The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Plugin Author Michael Beckwith

    (@tw2113)

    The BenchPresser

    Best I can think of to check at this point is what the request is that’s coming in for the given permalinks, and details around that.

    Also, just in case it helps, after activating WooCommerce, have you tried flushing the permalinks by visiting that settings page and clicking save without changing anything?

    Thread Starter art137

    (@art137)

    Yes, I did everything from resetting the permalinks and what you suggested also. I was about to give up on it and I tried one more thing. I created 4 like-kind products (paintings) and gave them specific category i.e. abstract, acrylic, mixed media, etc. The custom posts have two-word categories i.e. abstract paintings, collage paintings, etc. and the custom posts were still throwing a 403. What I ended up doing was uninstall WC. Then activated LSCache and flushed the database. Then I reinstalled WC and now everything seems to be working so far. To explain it further, I wanted the custom post type (Paintings) to have its own styled page so it would appear as a list with each having a featured image. I created a page named “Paintings” and even after renaming the page and slug to “Paintings Sales” thinking as you suggested on the other thread that there could be a category conflict. Of course, I reset the permalinks but it still didn’t work even after putting the page to draft, clearing the cache, and flushing the database. So I created an archive/blog template and assigned it to ‘paintings’ and then linked it to the menu so now everything is working as it should. The strange thing is the first template for ‘paintings’ was the same thing as the second/current one…but it’s all working now…

    Plugin Author Michael Beckwith

    (@tw2113)

    The BenchPresser

    Interesting, but glad to hear things seem to be all working now.

    Very frustrating process and not always easy to debug 😀

    Thread Starter art137

    (@art137)

    Thats why developers are a special kind of breed, I only wish that I knew more than I do, if I did I wouldn’t need to bother you guys about it…Peace!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.