We do understand your concerns.
Ideally it should display the inventory. Could you please create a test product using ‘WooCommerce > Products’ and then try to use Stock Manager for WooCommerce plugin and let us know your views?
If still the issue persists, then we’ll need to isolate what’s really causing this problem. Here’s something that will help:
- Install a free theme like Twenty Twenty or Storefront but do not activate/switch your current theme
- Install the free plugin Health Check & Troubleshooting
on your site – this plugin is developed by the WordPress.org team and is pretty good at diagnosing problems in such situations.
- Once the health check plugin is installed, keep only WooCommerce and Stock Manager for WooCommerce plugins active for the admin side and try to reproduce the issue you reported. Make sure to do this only for the admin side – that way visitors to your site won’t be affected.
- Here’s a nice article that explains this process.
- If the issue does not occur, it means the problem is with some other plugin. You may try activating/deactivating a combination of plugins to figure out exactly what causes the problem.
Do try the above steps and let us know your views.