Widgets/Plugins asking for non existent password?
I cannot access my plug ins directory, or my sidebar widgets. Every time I am in my wordpress dashboard and I click to access either of these, I am prompted by a new login screen, asking for my user name and password, and when I enter this, the screen simply resets itself and asks me again. Unless, of course, I type in the wrong password, and then it tells me it’s wrong.
To recap, the right password is right but not right, and the wrong password is definitely wrong, but neither work and I have no access to those areas of my site. And this is not happiness.
– removed and reinstalled my current theme
– removed and reinstalled some parts of wordpress
– removed and reinstalled the entire wordpress
– changed my password several times to see if that would help
– tried to change the browser address to be redirected
– used a different theme to see if plug ins and widgets could be accessed via that dashboard
– eaten a large serving of apple crumble pie with ice cream
– googled to see if there was anything out there
– tried to access any existing threads in yahoo answers
– went Christmas shopping
– swore A LOT
I’m at my wits end. Anyone???
- The topic ‘Widgets/Plugins asking for non existent password?’ is closed to new replies.