“Widgets” plugin installed activated: still doesn’t appear or work. Why?
I’ve taken the following steps:
– Downloaded the “zip” file with the “Widgets” plugin from the “Automattic” site.
– Unzipped the Widgets folder.
– Read the “Read Me” file included in the Widgets folder.
– Uploaded the Widgets folder exactly as directed in the “Read Me” file, i.e. to
– Double-checked to make sure everything is uploaded correctly.
– Activated the “Widgets” plugin in my “Plugin Management” Dashboard page.
Theoretically, now there should be a menu choice called “Sidebar Widgets” in my “Presentation” page. However, it does not appear.
I am using WordPress v 2.0.2, so it should work. I am using a Theme called “FallingLeaves.” Thinking perhaps that the theme might not be Widget-compatible, I tried changing my theme to “WordPress Default 1.5” which is the basic theme that shipped with my WordPress. v. 2.0.2. However, even with the Default theme as my theme, no “Sidebar Widgets” menu choice appears on my “Presentation” page.
What am I doing wrong? What steps should I take to make Widgets work properly?
- The topic ‘“Widgets” plugin installed activated: still doesn’t appear or work. Why?’ is closed to new replies.