Why does my blog keep getting hacked???
One of my WordPress blogs appears to have been hacked again!! I am getting a warning when I visit the site using Google Chrome!
Two of my WordPress blogs were hacked last year. I do not understand why this keeps happening. Here is what I did after the last attack to try to prevent it from happening again:
1. Completely deleted the entire contents of the blog, reinstalled WordPress, and recreated the blog’s content (therefore, I know that no “backdoors” could have been installed during the last hacking attempt).
2. Used highly secure passwords and share them with no one.
3. installed minimal plugins (I did install an auto-backup plugin, however).
4. Updated WordPress and all of the plugins religiously as soon as new updates are released.
5. Ran both a virus checker and spyware utility on my Mac (Intego and MacScan) which found nothing.
I know WordPress is a popular blogging platform and therefore an attractive target for hackers, but this is ridiculous. What more can I do to avoid this???
- The topic ‘Why does my blog keep getting hacked???’ is closed to new replies.