After upgrading to 2.04 there were all these new themes in my theme directory that I didn’t want, so I promptly set about the work of deleting them- but I can’t!
There are 2 themes that I just can’t get rid of:
artsemerging and StripedPlus
Under my “themes” tab, under “broken themes”, it says:
1. “artsemerging Stylesheet is missing.”
2. “StripedPlus Template is missing.”
So I tried adding the missing stylesheet and template to the themes, respectively, but it still didn’t make them “deletable”.
And when I go through my FTP client to try and manually delete the themes, still nothing:
- 1. “artsemerging”- when I try to delete it, I get this message- “Server file error: artsemerging: Directory not empty”. Yet when I open the actual directory, there are no visible files and it says it has “0 items”.
- 2. again, this time with “StripedPlus”- when I try to delete it, I get “Server file error: pic: Directory not empty”. But when I go into the stripedplus directory, into the scripts folder, and then to the “pic” file- again, it sure looks empty to me.
P.S. After being unable to delete them from the directory, I installed the plugin “Theme Manager” and tried to to delete the 2 unwanted themes that way, but still no luck.
How can I get rid of these themes once and for all?
- The topic ‘why can’t I delete unwanted THEMES ? (post 2.0.4 upgrade)’ is closed to new replies.