Support » Plugin: Embed Any Document » Whoop! error with Google viewer

  • Resolved EBurden

    (@eburden)



    Plugin was working yesterday with either the Google or Microsoft viewer, but today the Google viewer looks like it’s loading the “.doc” file, but then you get an error:

    “Whoops! There was a problem previewing this document.”

    Switched to the Microsoft viewer option and it works. Has Google made some changes that effect the plugin?

    Thank you.

    https://wordpress.org/plugins/embed-any-document/

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Plugin Author awsm.in

    (@awsmin)

    Hi EBurden,

    It must have been a temporary glitch. Looks fine at our end. Please check a post I just created – http://dev.awsm.in/innovations/ead-word-file-on-google-docs-viewer/

    Regards

    AWSM Team

    Thanks!

    I just tired it in my beta site location again and its working fine now.
    Weird!

    ernie

    I did notice this: When I just went in to change back to Google from Microsoft on my client site I also changed the depth to 800px from the default 500px and the code that resulted was missing reader info:

    [embeddoc url="http://oceanviewhelicopters.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/safetymanual.doc" height="800px"]

    So I manually added the viewer code back in viewer="google" and it works fine.

    Thanks again. ernie

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Whoop! error with Google viewer’ is closed to new replies.