[Resolved] Whole Tables Gone Missing From DB! Hacked?
Got a very nasty surprised when checking my site today: a generic “Not Found” error instead of any content…no posts accessible at all. Looks like everything’s gone:
– First thing I try is to get into the WordPress admin panel, but I can’t: my login doesn’t work and when I request password via mail, WP tells me my e-mail address is not recognized as an existing account.
– Check my hosting admin panel and take a look at phpMyAdmin: my WordPress database only has five fields: basically just Comments and Options.
– No Users table, so that’s why I can’t login or even register an account.
– No Posts table…so about a decade worth of material is gone.
Still don’t know if I was hacked or if my host had some problem. It seems odd that someone would hack into an account and do nothing but delete database tables.
- The topic ‘[Resolved] Whole Tables Gone Missing From DB! Hacked?’ is closed to new replies.