Whish clarification of which upgrade path that will be followed
I was surprised to find that the plugin does not update from e.g. 3.5.2-alpha to 3.6-beta unless I check the “bleeding edge nightlies”.
It would be very helpful if the settings could make it more clear is used to decide what (and when) to update.
I can see at least two ways to accomplish this:
* Let the user choose from a list if there is more than one option available
– 3.5.2-alpha (19 April 2013)
– 3.6.0-beta (17 April 2013)
– 4.0-nightly (20 April 2013)
* In the setup screen, let the user select:
Which release track is followed:
– Beta releases (including Release Candidates)
– Alpha releases
– Bleeding edge/nightlies (not for the faint of heart)
How version increments are handled:
– Latest possible build
– Stay with major version (3.x)
– Stay with minor version (3.6.x)
- The topic ‘Whish clarification of which upgrade path that will be followed’ is closed to new replies.