My host has blocked all outbound ports in the name of security and will only open those specifically requested.
Since they did this, the following features have stopped working:
1. Google Analytics Dashboard (can’t contact server)
2. Akismet (can’t contact server)
3. eCommerce has stopped sending transaction emails
4. WordPress has stopped sending admin emails to me (about new registrations for example)
Interestingly, RSS feeds are OK. My dashboard can connect with WordPress News etc…
How do I find out which ports to switch back on?
- The topic ‘Which outbound ports does WordPress use?’ is closed to new replies.