I tried a couple of themes out and decided, (b/c I like a challenge & I want my site to do what I want it to do) to develop my own theme.
My site is pretty simple. A straight HTML mockup is here:
I’m using Bootstrap generally with some customizations. My main question concerns when to use a Static Page and when to use index.php as the blog page in my templates. The structure is basically as follows:
- Home: static page as per the link above
- Blog: a regular ol’ WP blog with the header from home, everything from the navigation on up
- Humor: a slightly less static page than the home page
- Consulting: a slightly more dynamic page than the home page, but still pretty static
For the non-blog pages, can they all be versions (children?) of page.php with content managed from the admin side? Also, for any page that isn’t part of the blog, they don’t need the loop in their templates, correct?
Hope that makes sense. Sorry if it’s confusing. Thanks in advance!
- The topic ‘When to use Page or Single Page and starting from scratch’ is closed to new replies.