I have a fundamental question:
Is the following work routine ok?
– I download the wordpress files to my local PC
– I develop on my localhost xampp server the page
– I upload everything on the webserver via FTP and make it running online
– Now I have an installation locally and online of the same files
– Files online change from time to time (think of plugin updates, automatic wordpress update, user uploads, …)
– Everytime I make a change to a php file locally, I upload it via FTP to see the changes
I’m working for years now with this routine and I wonder if it is the best way to manage it. Especially I don’t like it, that locally I perhaps have an outdated version of the files (if they change online).
How do you work day to day on your Sites?
Thanks in advance
- The topic ‘What's your work routine when developing a webpage?’ is closed to new replies.