Please help me with the troubleshooting here:
This is an on-off problem (ie. it doesn't happen all the time, just sometimes).
This is what happens:
- posts won't show and all I get is 404-errors
- categories doesn't show up in menus
- there are no categories visible in the categories part of the dashboard (the dashboard still reports the number of categories, but I can't edit them, and I can assign categories when editing a post).
- The website seems to be loading very slowly when this happens.
This is a very weird error, and I couldn't find anything by searching. I suspect that there is something wrong with my database, but I don't know how to find out.
About my setup:
- I have four websites with wordpress running from the same database (with different prefixes). All sites seem to be affected.
- all but one of the pages run 3.1.3, the last one runs on 3.0.5
I could try to disable all plugins to see if it gets better, but since the error doesn't happen all of the time it's quite difficult to determine whether that has an effect or not.
What to do?