Dear JW Support,
1. Referring to thread ... http://wordpress.org/support/topic/play-video-in-a-slider-widget-from-an-s3-hosted-url?replies=12#post-5384348 ... you had me use a shortcode string ... example ... [jwplayer file="https://s3.amazonaws.com/MyFileBucket/TodayTest-2014-03-18-1-33-PM-File.mp4"] ... and in a simple text widget, it's working, the video shows up and it plays, when you click play, woo hoo, yay!
2. Now it is time to tweak and customize.
3. So, I am reading in the support section of the main JW website ... http://www.longtailvideo.com/support/jw-player/31561/getting-started-with-the-wordpress-plugin ... and I am trying to school myself and understand exactly what type of installation/configuration is being used when I use the shortcode string you gave me, as noted above?
4. For instance, I know that I did not upload the video file into my WP Media Content, so the video/media never made contact with the WP Media Library, and according to the Support Documentation, as I currently understand it all, I am able to manipulate/control the video from within the WP JW Player Plugin, ... when/if, ... you load the media/video into the WP Media Library, but I have not done that.
5. So how do I get to configure/manipulate/control the video, in my case, since you gave me specific shortcode to use, [jwplayer file="xxx.mp4"] ... since my video is hosted in an Amazon S3 Account?
6. Which is why I asked, "What type of installation/configuration is being used in my case?"
7. As I do not see how to tweak and control my video's playback and appearance, since it's not uploaded into the WP Media Library. Do I get to control it, I would think I do, I just don't see where I get the access to those controls and tweaks.
8. Lastly, I made a 'custom player' and then I wanted to delete it, and I cannot delete it, ... I get an error message ... Warning: unlink() [function.unlink]: No such file or directory in /home3/myname/public_html/mywebsite.com/wp-content/plugins/jw-player-plugin-for-wordpress/framework/LongTailFramework.php on line 121