What The Name of The Basic Editor - I want it (2 posts)

  1. che1959
    Posted 6 years ago #

    I love the basic editor in WordPress. It sure beats the TinyMce editor. What I'd like to do it is use basic editor in a form I am making. It will make it easy to make links and basic formatting so it's perfect, really for what I need it to do.

    The problem is that I can't find it anywhere. What's its name? How can I get ahold of it? Which files in a wordpress install are they?

    Thanks in advance

  2. Jen
    Community Organizer
    Posted 6 years ago #

    I'm not sure which editor you mean. WordPress uses the TinyMCE editor on the Visual tab, and an HTML editor on the HTML tab. We just use a subset of the TinyMCE functionality.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic