some suggestions. thanks for asking.
- Make admin UI customizable
- Super admin/admin can send messages to editors/moderators/user. they will see when they login in.
- A common page is shared to communicate each other
- Sort post/pages by title, author, categories, tags by one click
Ajax search in admin page
- Inbuilt SEO - custom titles and meta descriptions, Google, Bing etc analytics support.
Posts & Pages
- Different menus for different pages.
- Automatic Menu functions with parent child relations, customizable if needed
Diff widget for different pages
- 3 or 4 side bar options
- Allow RSS feed to be inserted inside post/page and display the title or excerpt content
- Allow the page also to appear in the rss feed
- Option to disable a post not to appear on rss
- Default site map
- Like the scheduled post, specify a date in a post will be automatically deleted
Mail & Alerts
- Alert the users for each post on the site if they want
- Send a mail to the selected moderator when some one post comment (now only admin receives)
- One click, send mail to all the users
- Built in newsletter program
- Better image gallery
- Better video/audio podcast handling
- Built in mobile support
- embed custom fonts (useful for language sites)
- Remove Hello Dolly and Akismet from core.
- BBpress inside WordPress, enable on request like that of network sites.
- Like multi sites, need multi domain management in one wp installation