Support » Plugins » what is this part called, and how do i change it?

  • on my blog when i post an article at the top it says ‘Published by admin on Tagged Site News’.
    i dont think this is displaying correctly because isnt it supposed to say the date, becasue at the moment it makes no sense.

    so what is that line called? an is there a plugin to change it?


Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You need to edit the index.php in the template folder of your theme.

    this is the code:

    <small>Published by <?php the_author() ?> on Tagged <?php the_category(', ') ?></small>

    if you want to display the date just replace it with this:

    <small>Posted <?php the_time('F jS, Y') ?></small>

    Of course you can change the word “Posted” with what ever you like or even get rid of it and display just the date.

    However notice that there is already a date showing at the bottom right corner of the post. this is accomplished by this line of code:

    <span class="date"><?php the_time('F jS, Y') ?></span>

    you can remove it so to avoid the double date.

    ok thanks so much for your help

    ok i did this and it worked on the homepage, but when i go onto the individual article it has the original ‘tag’ if you know what i mean

    never mind, found it

    Good you sorted it out, by the way the link to your other website is mispelled, lsot instead of lost.

    depending on what theme you use… you might want to check for that same “line” in a few of the templates. Some people call that “line” metadata, but I think that is a confusing term for it because other web things are already called metadata. Anyway, I digress.

    templates in your theme that might have that “line” for author / date / category include:

    index.php (the main index, inside your theme folder)
    category.php (any and all category templates)
    search.php (or the search results template)
    single.php (or the Single post template)

    So for example if you fixed the Index and Category, also don’t forget about the Search Results page.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘what is this part called, and how do i change it?’ is closed to new replies.