What is this page element called? (4 posts)

  1. bridgetconn
    Posted 4 years ago #

    Hi there...

    I've been searching for days for a theme that I can customize that has a particular element to it which has been very difficult for me to find. I want to have a text area on the main index/blog page that doesn't show up on any static pages. I want to have it set apart stylistically from the posts -- I tried some adventures in sticky post styling, but that didn't work out. Basically, it's the "Welcome to My Blog" section of this theme:


    (But unfortunately, this theme malfunctions in 3.2.1 so I can't use it)

    If I knew a term for what this section is called, maybe I could better search for the basic theme style I need that includes this area. Thanks so much!

  2. esmi
    Forum Moderator
    Posted 4 years ago #

    How do you intend to populate this text area?

  3. bridgetconn
    Posted 4 years ago #

    I just need a few sentences of text in it to describe the company. Later on this morning I found this plug-in that seems to be working:


    So I guess what I am asking about is called an intro. I'm still trying to figure out some specifics about how to style it, but I think I can get that part down.

    Still any themes or ways to search for themes with these intros would be helpful, thanks!

  4. esmi
    Forum Moderator
    Posted 4 years ago #

    You could add this text directly to the theme's index.php template file - before the Loop. If you placed it in a div with its own unique class, styling it would be dead easy.

    Alternative, you could add a widget ready area to the index.php template file and use a Text widget for the actual text content. Again, set up a unique class as part of the sidebar registration that you can use to style on.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic