[resolved] What is the name of this convention? (2 posts)

  1. orpheus_emerges
    Posted 3 years ago #

    Some or perhaps most (all?) plugins use a convention where some code is inserted in the editor between left and right brackets:

    [some stuff in here]

    This, to my knowledge, is not anything in html, xhtml, or html5, or is it?

    In any event how is this convention referred to or named?

  2. trubdor
    Posted 3 years ago #

    This is a wordpress convention called a shortcode.
    It can be inserted directly into html and refers to
    custom php code. Developers of plugins often create these.

    Here's one reference:

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic