I’m working with a child theme (wp2017) and have some questions about the uploading rules to the Theme Repository, by that I mean specifically for child themes. I have sought but not found what I’m looking for, so if anyone can give me an answer I would appreciate it =)
1) I have seen child themes in the repository who not pass the theme check when I check manually because they have more than one text domain, yet they are approved. Is it OK to have two text domains? (none had a translation po-file). If I must have, where do I find 2017 po-file? I read you don’t should use them any longer. A little bit confusing.
2) Theme check plugin says “Child theme does not have the Template Version tag in style.css.” Is it a recommendation or is it mandatory? Most child theme has it (so I have seen). I erased that tag but the plugin still gives me warning about it.
3) Is there a more comprehensive manual/codex about child theme repository?
4) Perhaps it’s easier to ask; what do I need to implement into my child theme so it passes? =)
I’m not new to WordPress, but definitely about the rules when to upload a child theme to the theme repository. So I thank You in advance.
Have a gorgeous weekend /kindly Lillan
- The topic ‘What is the most recent rules for uploading a childtheme to the repository?’ is closed to new replies.