Support » Plugin: Lingotek Translation » What A NIGHTMARE!!

  • Deeply unhappy with this and I blame Polylang because it was the installation of Polylang that encouraged/suggested I activate the Lingotek installation. After it worked on my pages I went to the website to see what it had done and the first thing I noticed was that my main menu was gone, no mobile menu either (I figured out why later). In any event, I decided without further ado to just remove the plug-in as it clearly didn’t sit well with my theme or my construction. I deactivated it and then uninstalled it. Result?

    A THIRD OF MY PAGES HAVE DISAPPEARED! ALL SORTS OF THINGS ARE WRONG WITH THE CONTENT OF THE SITE – IT’S AS IF SOMEBODY WENT THROUGH MY WORDPRESS INSTALLATION SLASHING AT RANDOM WITH A MACHETE!

    And thank you Polylang : I didn’t download Lingotek by choice, YOU told me I should use it “Lingotek integrates seamlessly with Polylang”.

    Thank dog I use Updraft Plus so I have a daily backup of the site but that’s not the point – this plugin is destructive when you deactivate/remove.

    DO NOT USE THIS WITHOUT HAVING A CURRENT, UP-TO-DATE BACKUP OF YOUR SITE.

    • This topic was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by Big Frank.
    • This topic was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by Big Frank. Reason: Remove some of the hysteria... (LOL)
  • The topic ‘What A NIGHTMARE!!’ is closed to new replies.