WordPress.org

Support

Support » Plugins and Hacks » [Resolved] Weird Characters after Role or User change

[Resolved] Weird Characters after Role or User change

  • Hi guys,
    This is for AAM release 1.8.5.
    This problem was for a while. It is related to WordPress localization. If you have language that is different than English and you have weird characters displayed after you switch Role or User, go to ConfigPress tab and enter next config:
    [aam]
    encoding = “true”

    This should solve the problem. And follow me on twitter today to know the latest updates.

    http://wordpress.org/plugins/advanced-access-manager/

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Plugin Author Vasyltech

    @vasyl_m

    A little update. Instead of “encoding” please use “encode”:
    [aam]
    encode = “true”

    In case anyone hits this problem in the future, I can confirm that the fix provided by Vasyl is working fine, I just tried on a WordPress v3.7 and AAM 1.8.5

    See this topic for more info
    http://wordpress.org/support/topic/typeerror-textarea-is-null-when-changing-the-current-roleuser?replies=14#post-4811060

    Thanks again for your help!

    Hi Vasyl,

    The website I’m working is completely English, but I’m getting the same issue.

    I tried your solution, but I appear to be missing something.

    I inputted:
    [aam]
    encode = “true”

    into ConfigPress, but my users with Editor status still get a blank screen in Post and Page (but they can still see Media).

    I’ve been using your plugin for a little while (love it normally), but never used the ConfigPress options before, so I’m wondering if there’s more that I should be doing.

    Thanks for your help.
    Andrew

    Plugin Author Vasyltech

    @vasyl_m

    Hi Andrew,
    Most likely you have JavaScript or PHP Error during Ajax call.
    Can you please check it with Firebug?

    Regards,
    Vasyl

    Thanks for the quick reply.

    Unfortunately, I’m not seeing any errors on the site using Firebug.

    In case I’m really missing something, here is the link to the site: http://www.scarborounited.org

    Andrew

    Plugin Author Vasyltech

    @vasyl_m

    Hi Andrew,
    Well link to website gives me nothing. You must have some kind of php error. Check server error log.
    Also make sure that server does not refuse the ajax call (sometimes it happens when the website has complex security).

    Regards,
    Vasyl

    Hi Vasyl,

    Ok, I’ll have to make a request for that.

    For now, I had to deactivate AAM to get the user functional again.

    Stay tuned.

    Thanks.
    Andrew

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘[Resolved] Weird Characters after Role or User change’ is closed to new replies.