Yes it is quite possible because most of the components are already there as plugins. What is missing is putting them together and tweaking them for a unified purpose.
Facebook does an advanced version of this (with many more stuff we don’t really need). But the logic is the same and from what I gather through my search there is a high demand for it.
Most of the Work is already done. For instance there are wordpress plugins to:
– Let a user upload a photo as part of his profile info
– Let admins create custom fields for users to fill as an extended profile (Userextra and Usermeta)
– general photo upload and gallery plugins
– and other tweaks to Author page views and author information.
But they have to be put together into common input/display structures. For input structure there is the admin tabs, but display is a mess. There are few plugins to display stuff.
I would go right ahead and do this but I have limited php knowledge. Anyone want to join in?
P.S. WordPress MU would not do this job, I can explain later…
- The topic ‘We can put together a Facebook type community script’ is closed to new replies.