after upgrading WordPress and Nextgen to the latest version, I found several issues. I managed to solve all but one of them:
When I have a PNG image in gallery and I apply an image watermark (a PNG file with transparency), the watermark is not transparent, but has a background color, which is extremely ugly :)
When I try the same with JPG file, it works OK, watermark is transparent.
I have tried several files. Everything worked OK even with PNG files before the update.
- WordPress up to date? Yes, 3.8.
- NextGEN up to date? Yes, 2.1.40.
- What version of NextGEN Gallery did you upgrade from? Not sure. Old version was about 6 months old.
(please confirm the following, with your server host tech) :
- MySQL up to date (at least 5.2.4)? No, 5.1.70, but I guess that's not connected to this issue.
- PHP up to date (at least 5.0)? 5.3.27
- The mod_rewrite Apache module activated? Yes
- PHP Safe Mode OFF? Yes
Additional information that will help us find a solution:
- Who are you hosted with? http://www.svethostingu.cz
- What theme are you running? LightWord
- Which plugins do you have installed and activated? Captcha, Comment Reply Notification; Contextual Related Posts; My Link Order; NextGEN Gallery by Photocrati (obviously); Organize Series; Tweet, Like, Google +1 and Share; W3 Total Cache; WordPress Database Backup; WordPress Download Monitor
- Does this error still occur if you switch your theme to the WP default, and deactivate all plugins except NextGEN Gallery? I can't check without disrupting the web service. I don't have a test enviroment.