Support » Plugin: WaterWoo PDF Plugin » watermarking fails after 2.4 upgrade

  • Resolved raetseldetektive

    (@raetseldetektive)


    Hi,

    after upgrading to version 2.4 on a test installation watermarking with waterwoo-pdf fails. Instead of printing the configured watermark on the bottom of each page like in version 2.3, waterwoo 2.4 now adds a new page after each original page containing only a question mark at the top of each new page instead of the configured watermark.

    I am running WordPress 5.2.2 with Woocommerce 3.6.5 on a ubuntu 19.10 machine and installed system package php-tcpdf to support the library change mentioned in 2.4 release notes.

    Are there any other hidden requirements for version 2.4? Fallback to waterwoo 2.3 solved my problems for the moment.

    Thanks a lot for your support and for this great tool,

    Andreas

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Plugin Author Little Package

    (@littlepackage)

    Hi Andreas,

    Thank you for your message. The details are helpful. The plugin comes bundled with libraries and so you do not need to install any libraries on your server. This plugin gives the TCPDF classes unique names so yours shouldn’t be called or conflict anyway — but it *is* possible. I’d start by removing that library, then if you still have the problem, please send a screenshot of your settings, and a copy of a PDF with issues to hello at waterwoo dot me

    Thread Starter raetseldetektive

    (@raetseldetektive)

    Hi again,

    I did some more testing with updated version 2.4.1 and found solutions for my two problems:

    1) Seems like the Y-positioning slightly changed. With version 2.3 and older I used setting of “295” to print the watermarking at the bottom of an DIN A4 pages (german standard paper format). With version 2.4.1 I had to switch to “293” to avoid waterwoo to create a page-break and print the watermarking to a new page.

    2) My watermark included the copyright Symbol ©, seems like this is not supported anymore after change to new library. When using it as first character, Waterwoo prints a question mark “?” instead of the configured watermarking. Easy workaround: using “copyright” instead of “©” for the moment 🙂

    So I suggest that you add a warning to the changelog to double-check settings after upgrading to version 2.4

    BR, Andreas

    Plugin Author Little Package

    (@littlepackage)

    Hi Andreas,

    Thank you for the feedback. I’ve addressed the character encoding in version 2.4.2, and added an upgrade notice. You can use the copyright symbol now.

    As far as Y-positioning, while I cringe that I have caused a lot of folks trouble with this, I believe it’s more accurate in the new version (and I tried to get it to approximate the old version without luck). Hopefully you’ll keep the price tag in mind.

    Thanks again 🙂

    Thread Starter raetseldetektive

    (@raetseldetektive)

    Hi,

    thanks a lot for your great support. Version 2.4.2 has fixed the © Symbol problem as you already indicated in your last post. So together with slightly changed positioning settings all problems are solved.

    I am really impressed about your fast support for a free product and will post a nice 5-star review soon 😉

    Thanks,
    Andreas

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘watermarking fails after 2.4 upgrade’ is closed to new replies.