@timhillimages: Thanks very much for providing additional details. The gallery I'm seeing on http://bassbari.com/portfolio/blitch/ looks like it is using the carousel template. To duplicate the same look with your other gallery:
1) Go to the edit screen in the back end for http://timhillimages.com/newsletters/
Then, assuming you are using our new Insert Gallery Window (which inserts a placeholder image for the gallery) and not a shortcode...
2) Click the place holder image which will open up the Insert Gallery Window
3) Confirm that you have Basic Thumbnails selected as the display type
4) On the same page, open the "Customize" accordion section
5) Find the option for Templates, and select the carousel template
6) Save your gallery and update your page
Please let me know if that provides the look you want. Thanks (Erick).
PS. If you are using a shortcode, I'd just remove it and add a new gallery via the NextGEN Insert Gallery window following the same steps.