here are a bunch of features we wanted our wordpress install to have. would like to hear which plug-ins to use and any other suggestions
1) We would like a blogger registration step (similar to user registration at http://seekingalpha.com/account/login ) and would like the blogger to pick a password rather than wordpress sending the password in an email. we would also like the "forgot your password" flow, like
http://seekingalpha.com/account/forgot_password . blogger registration is open to everyone. But we would like these additional information to be asked, besides original name and email :
- blog name (optional)
- blog url (optional)
- pseudoname (optional)
2) Making the default user as "contributor" seems to be the right set up and works well on our setup, but open to other suggestions.
3) the 'contribute an article' page would be similar to http://seekingalpha.com/contribute_an_article . We would not have the "Tell us about yourself". wowzio's categories is a single level taxonomy found at
http://www.wowzio.com/widgets/builder the 'contribute' page will have guidelines on the right hand side, just like you see on seekingalpha. one difference is that we would take a blogger via the register/login form, before they are put on the 'contribute' page. if the blogger is already logged in, they will be taken directly to the 'contribute' page.
4) display of blogger's information along with the article (see
http://seekingalpha.com/article/105366-homeaway-s-giant-round-makes-ebay-look-smart ) The blog name and blog url would be displayed on every article that blogger posts, next to the blog article. The blog url would be a regular link ( i.e no nofollow ). The pseudoname will be displayed above the article.
5) inside the article body itself, we would like the links to be "nofollow".
6) We would define a list of about 30 categories ( see the list here http://www.wowzio.com/widgets/builder ). A blogger could submit an article in any of those 30 categories and in more than 1 category. We would like each of these categories to have their top page ( eg. url http://www.wowzio.com/channel/autos ) and optionally, ability for a user to subscribe to that category field by RSS ( eg. url
http://www.wowzio.com/channel/autos?format=rss ) and email.