1. I installed the latest WAMP server locally on a 64W7 Ultimate, 16GB RAM and over 500GB HD space, so plenty of room.
2. Using 127.0.0.1 I have access to the WampServer console, but using localhost was getting an 'access denied to \' like message.
3. Edited c:\wamp\alias\phpmyadmin.conf to the following:
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
Allow from all
</Directory>' and issue remaining.
4. Launched either Chrome or WampServer as Administrator and issue is gone when trying to access via http://localhost instead of 127.0.0.1 (localhost is listed in hosts file in '%windir%\system32\drivers\etc' folder).
5. Using PhpMyAdmin I created the database for WP with a user. Also changed the root user password in MySql, as per the warning in PhpMyAdmin console
6. Next, unziped latest downloaded WordPress 3.3.2 into a folder, copied its content to C:\wamp\www\Matrix-wordpress folder.
7. Made another copy of it (WordPress folder) within C:\wamp\www directory and renamed it as WPSite01, so its full path is C:\wamp\www\WPSite1
8. In any browser (Chrome, latest IE or Firefox), typing localhost\WPSite01 takes me to the page inviting me to install WordPress. I enter the required information (database name, username, pw, set database host as localhost, table prefix as wp01_, uncheck the search engine option) and click Submit: it goes to a page where the WordPress logo is in the top of the page and everything else blank, and stays there forever...
9. Hit F5 to refresh and it says it has already been installed. In PhpMyAdmin I can see all 11 tables were created just fine.
10. Now, using the browser and going to localhost\WPSite01, it takes me to the default My Site, Just another WordPress site, page. If I click in the Log In button, trying username admin and different password by guess (even blank, nothing typed as pw) I am unable to go to the admin page and start setting it up.
I have deleted (uninstalled) and recreated the database, the wpsite01 folder, the wampserver several times, but to no avail, always get stuck at this spot.
I was successful on installing it in another 64W7Pro machine a week ago, and it is still working. I can't see any difference between both. For both, the WampServer and WordPress sources are the same, in Google Drive .
The only thing I can tell one from the other is, on this one with the issue every step is done via a remote access from an iMac using RDP, although both machines are in the same network and collision domain. But I can't think of it as a problem, is it?...
Any heads up deeply and very much appreciated.