Support » Plugin: W3 Total Cache » W3 cache possible conflict with Qode Minimum and drop-down menu

  • Resolved magdamunro

    (@magdamunro)


    For some reason the latest W3 cache inactivates the dropdown menus when using Qode Interactive’s Minimum Theme v4.2 (latest far as I know) in WordPress 5.7.

    These plug-ins in their latest version (except where noted) work fine together

    Classic Editor
    Duplicator
    Easy Updates Manager
    Envato Market
    Gmail SMTP
    Health Check & Troubleshooting
    Minimum Core (Part of the theme)
    Really Simple SSL pro
    Really Simple SSL
    Server IP & Memory Usage Display
    Slider Revolution
    TLS 1.2 Compatibility Test
    W3 Total Cache 2.1.0 (At first)
    WooCommerce
    WooCommerce Order Emails Log
    WooCommerce Product Enquiry Form
    WooCommerce Extra Product Options Pro 2.4.4
    WPForms Lite
    WP Crontrol

    Once W3 total cache was updated to the current version 2.1.2 this triggered the dropdown menus stop working. I wish it was so simple I could go back to 2.1.0 and it would work again, but it seems once this bug has been triggered, deactivating all other plug-ins doesn’t help, so this might not even be a conflict. I just verified that also 2.1.0 can trigger this.

    Deactivating W3 Total Cache with all the mentioned plug-ins active does indeed work. I’m running this site without a cache now. A somewhat puzzling conflict.

    I’ve also tried (All of this in backup versions) deactivating the caches, but not until I deactivate the plug-in itself does the problem go away.

    The problem doesn’t remain if I switch theme, so it’s likely the theme and its plugin Minimum core is behind this. I’ll report this to QODE as well.

    • This topic was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by magdamunro.
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Plugin Contributor Marko Vasiljevic

    (@vmarko)

    Hello @magdamunro

    Thank you for your inquiry and I am happy to assist you with this.
    It would be awesome if you could share our website URL so I can check and confirm this.
    I am not sure which settings are enabled in W3 Total Cache in General settings, so please disable the settings one by one in Performance>general settings, save the settings and purge the cache after each setting is disabled, and see which one might be causing the issue?

    Thread Starter magdamunro

    (@magdamunro)

    I have already disabled all settings and this doesn’t help. Only inactivation helps. This issue seems more involved. I’ll investigate further what are the differences with this menu.

    Plugin Contributor Marko Vasiljevic

    (@vmarko)

    Hello @magdamunro

    Thank you for the information. Have you made sure that after each set is disabled the settings are saved and the cache is purged? This is most likely related to Minify as I don’t see which other settings may be causing this.
    If the case is true as you are saying, there must be a conflict with some other plugin so try disabling other plugins while W3TC is enabled and see which plugin may be causing the conflict.
    Thanks!

    Thread Starter magdamunro

    (@magdamunro)

    On further investigation and analysis this problem seemed related to jQuery. It took me quite a while to realize the situation with jQuery in the WordPress platform and that W3 Total Cache has a setting for this. As far as I know I haven’t touched this setting, but “Disable jquery-migrate on the front-end” was checked.

    The odd thing is that I understand it as jquery-migrate is NOT enabled by default and you need to explicitly enable this, otherwise you’re running the jQuery coming with your WP. However, as I didn’t run “Enable jQuery Migrate Helper” before I was under the impression I was running the current WP version. Using this plug-in does indicate at least one removed call in my theme, but it also indicates I’m running the latest jQuery. As far as I understand it, this would be so since quite a while and this menu was working before. I have to go back to check.

    As removing the Total Cache plugin did NOT fix the issue — I had to remove the “cache” and the “w3tc-config” folders manually — this still doesn’t explain why this was active. Or does an uninstall warrant I find the settings W3 Total Cache has changed? I did turn off all cache functions before uninstalling. This wasn’t sufficient, you think?

    Thread Starter magdamunro

    (@magdamunro)

    To comment on your follow-up I didn’t see before posting as the page was open:

    I always purge the cache, though possibly not when disabling it. I’d assume once a cache function is disabled it’s not functional anymore. This is not so?

    I have naturally already disabled ALL other plug-ins to arrive at that the “Minimum core” plugin is involved. It’s possible this is indeed making use of jquery-migrate, but if so I was unaware of this. I’ll investigate further.

    Plugin Contributor Marko Vasiljevic

    (@vmarko)

    Hello @magdamunro

    Thank you for the explanation.
    This is what I meant about every setting, one by one in Performance>General settings, not just caching modules.
    Glad to know you found where the issue was and you should keep this disabled in your case.
    Not sure how this remained checked, however, and we can address some things with “Deus ex machina”
    Thanks!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.