Well, it's taken me several months of looking for a solution, but now, finally, I accept that I simply can't figure this one out. But my intensive search for an answer has tought me a few things about this problem, I just can't seem to put the pieces together. I hope someone here can! Well, here goes:
When one of my users wants to post something, the editor doesn't show the text. Well, it does, but the text is white.
- The WYSIWYG tab is selected
- The HTML tab doesn't work
- The text, which I can see if I select it, shows me the HTML code
I have found many possible solutions for this, from changing my .htaccess file to adding a line to the WP-Config file. I've tried finding the plug-in responsible (and even found some, though it wasn't always the same one!). Nothing helped.
I did find a few other clues though:
- This only happens to (all of) my users, but not to the Admin. When the Admin logs in, the editor is there, functioning as it should (and yes, the users checked their profile for the editor checkbox!).
- When I copied the site and the database to another host, the problems had miraculously disappeared. When I imported it offline to a WAMP-server, the problems were also gone!
- I originally made my site offline with the WAMP-server and all was fine. It went haywire, as soon as I had uploaded it.
I have contacted my hosting and they use: PHP version 5.3.15, which is one of the newest, for as far as I know.
My question: What is going on here! It doesn't seem to make any sense!
I hope someone out there can put the pieces together and help me out.
If you want to see the problem in action, just go to my site: http://www.blocnoot.nl and register as a new user. Then try to create a new page and you'll see what I mean.