WordPress.org

Support

Support » How-To and Troubleshooting » Visual Editor Not Working After 3.3 Upgrade

Visual Editor Not Working After 3.3 Upgrade

  • My visual editor tab is not working on two WP installations. I can see the Visual and HTML tabs but only the HTML tab / pane is active. I can’t switch to the Visual tab.

    The first time I tried to edit a post the editor was on the Visual tab but the pane was blank except for some red underlines for misspelled words. I switched to the HTML tab to see what was happening and now I can’t get back to Visual tab.

    I’ve deactivated all plugins and switched to the twentyeleven theme, with no plugins activated. No difference.

    Not sure what else to do. Suggestions?

Viewing 15 replies - 46 through 60 (of 121 total)
  • lernerleben
    Member

    @lernerleben

    By the way, it also solved another problem, namely the “out of memory” problem for incoming links and WordPress blog. It must have been Google libraries!

    charricky
    Member

    @charricky

    Thanks @psmits!!! You’re the man!

    lernerleben
    Member

    @lernerleben

    @ Anas,

    Had a little bit of a problem when tried to fix my site. The language set in my wp-config is German. Your solution only works if the define language command is set to English. Attempts, for example, to install WP Super Edit result in an error message.

    If I set the define to English, then it works a dream and even when I remove WP SE and Google libraries, it still works. But, the moment I change the language to German, it’s back to where it was.

    As my language setting effects contact forms and newsletters, etc, I can’t leave my language as English.

    I think your solution has identified the main problem. But, obviously, it’s something that WordPress programmers need to sort out.

    lernerleben
    Member

    @lernerleben

    @ Anas

    Update: It is actually only “Use Google Libraries” that works. When deactivated, the error returns. This solution only works when language is defined as English.

    davemac
    Participant

    @davemac

    I had the same issue, but setting the correct permissions on the wp-admin and wp-includes folder fixed it for me:

    find . -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \;
    find . -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \;

    davidbick01
    Member

    @davidbick01

    On the language issue, I have the same sort of problem as lernerleben. Our blog is in French, and since 3.3 things like “More” and “Continue reading” are all in English despite having the fr version installed. I’m not sure where one goes to rectify this. I’ve not installed 3.3.1 on the basis “once bitten twice shy”.

    I’ve tried everything suggested here. Still no luck with this issue. How do I downgrade to the last working version?

    Hi,

    I’m glad to have found this thread. I’ve had most of the problems talked about here and have found most of the solutions here too.

    (Updated to twenty-eleven, added Google library plugin, updated Java, used etc). Image loader, html box and visual, all now work.

    What doesn’t is the Menu setting.

    The header menu bar shows 35 pages, I want it to show about 8. I have used the menu settings to do this, but it still shows 35 pages. I deleted the old menu – with 8 pages, and re-set it to 8 pages. It still doesn’t work.

    Any ideas?

    With thanks

    Have got it working! I cleared my browser cache twice, then under the ‘theme locations’ primary menu I chose the named menu I’d already created and saved it. I then ‘saved’ the created menu twice, one after each other.

    That fixed the problem.

    Hi Bjobson,

    The plugin Addthis is not compatible with 3.3.1 yet. Deleting it entirely solved a main problem for me.

    Hi All,

    I’ve just found this thread:

    http://support.addthis.com/customer/portal/questions/108180-strange-characters-in-url

    It appears it wasn’t a problem after all.

    So for now I’ve seemed to have solved my problem. I ended up downgrading to version 3.2.1. From now on I’ll wait to update.

    Moved from 3.2.1 and followed what psmits suggested…

    “I was able to fix the problem by using the following recommendations mentioned above:

    1. Install “use Google Libraries” plugin.
    2. Activate “Twenty Eleven” Theme.
    3. Clear browser cache.
    4. try the tabs, and everything worked.
    5. Switch back to my usual theme, everything still worked!

    I hope this helps.”

    Yup thanks that worked for me – Thank You.

    ihavetoomany
    Member

    @ihavetoomany

    Works for Admin, fails for Editor…

    So after I downgraded to 3.2.1 everything was working fine for a while. Now it’s back to the same problem. Not sure what it could be this time. I’ve tried everything. HELP!!!

Viewing 15 replies - 46 through 60 (of 121 total)
  • The topic ‘Visual Editor Not Working After 3.3 Upgrade’ is closed to new replies.