Hi, I haven’t seen my specific problem come up yet, so I’m posting it here since I really need help. A few days ago I lost the ability to visually edit posts AND the editing bar disappeared from my TEXT editor (which I am stuck in now). As you can imagine this is a bit of a problem.
I’ve included an image of the problem here: http://i47.tinypic.com/eskkco.jpg
Couple of things:
– I have two version of wordpress installed on one server (with different databases, in different folders) – both worked fine up until a week ago. Both sites are for an author, just in different languages. they’re totally sandboxed and share no comment elements, apart from being hosting on the same server.
– I did not manually update either versions of wordpress.
– my host is HostGator, could this be a factor?
– When reading about similar issues, I tried the following – reinstalling wordpress from the dashboard and disabling all plugins to no avail.
– The last plugin in i installed was “MediaElement.js – HTML5 Audio and Video” – again, disabling it hasn’t fixed the problem
– ” Disable the visual editor when writing” is checked off on all user profiles. In fact, checking this button brings back the tool bar in TEXT mode. Weird, right?
– Sometimes a post will open in the VISUAL tab, however, no content will display (or tool bar), clicking on TEXT brings back all the content, however, you cannot click back ont the VISUAL tab after.
In other words: HELP! Thanks in advance, I can’t for the life of me figuring out what’s happened.
- The topic ‘Visual Editor has disappeared, locked to only TEXT mode?’ is closed to new replies.