Visual Editor Fails in WP 3.3.1 – Tried all I know, need help
One more thread saying the same thing others have said, but it seems some prefer it.
Problem: title says it. All I get is white text in coded format, visible only when highlighted.
All these were tried, but none solved it:
– Visual editor is not disabled
– Disabled all plugins, cleared cache (even rebooted computer), still no VE. Started plugins one at a time, but no change to VE.
– Switched to Twenty Ten and Twenty Eleven themes. No change.
– Changed the file name of
/wp-includes/js/tinymce/langs/en.js(changed it back after it made no difference)
– Used three Windows 7 systems, one Vista, Firefox, IE9, IE8, and Safari, even had a friend 200 miles away try. Same on all.
– Checked with host, they confirm they are 100% compatible, and their systems show no conflicts anywhere.
Thus, I’ve concluded that the Master list recommendations do not help, it’s not a browser/OS/geography/IP issue. It’s not the theme. It’s not the plugins. It is not the host. I have not tried to reinstall 3.3.1 yet, but was saving that till very last resort. It seems to be something in WP 3.3.1, especially considering how many people seem to have this issue.
Others with the same problem are free to post as well.
- The topic ‘Visual Editor Fails in WP 3.3.1 – Tried all I know, need help’ is closed to new replies.