Visual Editor appears as HTML in 2.9
When I try to edit a post, the Visual Editor opens appearing exactly as the HTML Editor. (screen shot at http://www.eye4image.com/vnf/) If I then open the HTML editor there is NO apparent change. When I then return to the Visual Editor the only change is that the HTML button disappears – the display still shows HTML.
On Dec 21 we experienced a problem where all of the editor screens lost formatting (as if the CSS file had been changed or deleted). I then upgraded to 2.9, which fixed that problem. For the next week everything appeared normal.
On Dec 28 this problem appeared, (without any changes made to version or plugins).
I have tried the following – testing (and refreshing browser cache) after each:
- Upgraded all plugins
- Deactivated all plugins
- Deactivated and deleted plugins (reinstalled after did not fix)
- Edited user – checked “Disable the visual editor when writing” and then unchecked again
- Changed to a different Theme
- Reinstalled Core software using Tools > Upgrade > Re-Install Automatically
Installation is on http://valleynaturalfoods.com/wordpress/.
We are using the WordPress Default Theme 1.6
We are not using Gears.
The same problem appears in Firefox and IE (multiple versions).
Other installations on different servers (with different themes) but the same WordPress version are not experiencing this problem.
Any insights would be appreciated.
- The topic ‘Visual Editor appears as HTML in 2.9’ is closed to new replies.