Support » Plugin: Yoast SEO » Version 7.2 update broke my links

  • Resolved mrsbeam

    (@mrsbeam)


    The most recent update, that I just got half an hour ago or so, broke my site. If I tried to go to a top-level page, such as wp.pjray.dk/documents/ it would redirect me to my blog page, no matter which page. If I went one level deeper though, like wp.pjray.dk/documents/posters/, it worked fine.

    I’ve had to disable the plugin for now. Any ideas what might have happened?

    One other thing I noticed, was that my Polylang language switch buttons always linked to that particular language’s home page, instead of the translated page. I’m not sure if there was some kind of clash between the two plugins after this update maybe?

    The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • This also broke the http > https redirects for my site as well. Everything worked fine until sometime this morning. However – my links were broken BEFORE the 7.2 update was applied. In troubleshooting the failed redirect issue we noticed that there was an update available for the Yoast SEO plugin (7.1 – 7.2). Once we applied the update the http > https redirect issue was resolved. I’ve never experienced a scenario where simply having an update available for a plugin caused impact before. This is very odd indeed.

    Plugin Support Md Mazedul Islam Khan

    (@mazedulislamkhan)

    @mrsbeam We apologize for any inconvenience. Can you try and gather as much information for us as possible? Please perform the following:
    1. Make sure the issue doesn’t persist when Yoast SEO is disabled.
    2. Check for conflicts.
    3. Check for JavaScript errors with your console.
    If you find any JavaScript errors related to Yoast SEO or if there is a conflict with a plugin or a theme, you can create a new GitHub issue for our developers. Please report the issue to a third party developer as well.
    If you didn’t find any conflicts or errors, we think the issue is specific to your site. We’d need to investigate further but are unable to do so on these forums. You can purchase Yoast SEO Premium and receive our Premium email support and we can help you further.

    Thread Starter mrsbeam

    (@mrsbeam)

    I ended up uninstalling every Yoast SEO related plugin I had, which did indeed fix the site.

    Now I’ve reinstalled and activated, and it seems to have fixed the problem on its own. No idea what happened with that update, but I sure hope something so site-breaking doesn’t happen again.

    Unfortunately I cannot check for conflicts or JavaScript errors at this point.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Version 7.2 update broke my links’ is closed to new replies.