We’ve just released version 5.0.0 of the plugin! It includes huge improvements to catalog performance, usability, design and layout, UI/UX, filtering, and so much more! For a full list, please see the changelog for the update.
Please refer to his thread before posting a new topic about the 5.0.0 update.
Given that the plugin code has been completely rewritten, you may find that certain things look or work differently than they used to. With that in mind:
- Please take caution and test before updating on a live site, or wait a few days before updating in case some minor corrective updates need to be released.
- Please double check after updating to see if the plugin was automatically re-activated. If not, you just need to manually click the Activate button.
- The class names/IDs/selectors have been standardized across the whole plugin. This was necessary and long overdue. However, as a consequence, it is quite likely that, if you are using custom CSS, some or many of the selectors will have been updated. If you find some of your custom CSS no longer working, please just provide us with your existing custom CSS and we will provide you with updated CSS to do the same.
Beyond this, if you encounter any specific issues, please make sure to let us know and we will look into it.
- This topic was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by jaysupport.
To view the old price (if Sale) I needed this code in the copy of template catalog-product-price.php 🙂
<?php echo esc_attr( $this->product->regular_price ); ?>
I don’t know why it’s not added there as standard.
The products were switched to a post type and it looks like the drag and drop re-ordering functionality wasn’t carried over to/implemented on the taxonomy edit screen. We’ll have a look at re-implementing that as well as having it use the order set on the taxonomy edit screen for the front-end display, so you can make use of WordPress’s built-in sorting options (by name, etc.). Thanks for asking!
We’ll also be adding back in the “Reset Layout” button to the custom product page edit screen and fixing the incorrect URL applied to the link used by the “Back” element. If you have any specific questions about making use of the custom product page, or need help in implementing it, you will have to contact us by email or our website (https://www.etoilewebdesign.com/support-center/), as that is a feature of the premium version and WordPress prohibits the discussion and support of the premium version in these forums (https://wordpress.org/support/guidelines/#do-not-post-about-commercial-products).
I didn’t know that you were just trying to say that the regular price was not showing for you in addition to the sale price. Thank you for clarifying that. We’re looking into it and will include any necessary fixes for this in the next update.
Hi @jaysupport 🙂
Yes, I meant this code that disappeared in the new version 😉
<div id="prod-cat-price-14" class="prod-cat-price upcp-thumb-price" data-item_price="417,-"> <span class="price"> /* this */ <del> <span class="amount">500,-</span> </del> /* end */ <ins> <span class="amount" itemprop="offers" itemscope="" itemtype="http://schema.org/Offer"> <span itemprop="priceCurrency" content=""></span> <span itemprop="price" content="417,-">417,-</span> </span> </ins> </span> </div>
- This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by krzxsiek.
Last update broke SALE flag (code from older version to example)
<div class="upcp-sale-flag"> <span class="saleSpan">SALE</span> </div>
Thanks for letting me know about this! It was an accidental mix-up when we were implementing the crossed-out regular price for you. It will be back in the next update.
P.S. The code you provided does not at all apply in the new version of the plugin. For anyone else reading, please do not try and use it.
Thank you, unfortunately I didn’t have the current code because I managed to update the plugin today, so I had no way to show what I mean 🙂
Temporarily changed the template my way 🙂
@jaysupport (and everyone else in this thread)
I’ve closed this topic for further replies. Next time you create an announcement post, please drop into the Slack channel “support” and ask the moderator team to lock it for you, in order to avoid this kind of endless support threads where everyone talk about their little corner of the Universe.
If you need to respond to someone in this thread, make a new post where you @ mention the user in order to continue their individual thread there.
- The topic ‘Version 5.0.0 – Refer here before posting’ is closed to new replies.