Support » Plugin: NextGEN Facebook - Social Meta Tags for Facebook, Google, Pinterest, Twitter & More » Version 3.7 available for testing…
If anyone feels like trying out the next version, you can download it from http://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/nextgen-facebook.3.7.zip.
The new features in version 3.7 are:
* Added code to fetch the preview image URL for videos from Vimeo using Vimeo’s API.
* Moved the caching object (and it’s configuration variables) from the buttons class to the main NGFB class. This was necessary in order to use the cache object’s
curl()features for Vimeo’s API.
* Added a
$cache = 'file'default argument to the cache
get()method – by passing it
$ret = 'raw'and
$cache = 'wp_cache', it’s possible to use the method to raw fetch content (like an array from the Vimeo API).
* Renamed the
get_filtered_content(), and added WP object cache code to save the filtered content. This should improve performance (slightly) for websites without caching plugins.
* Added a
NGFB_WP_CACHE_EXPIREconstant with a default value of 300 seconds.
Please let me know if you have any issues.
FYI – Once I got started with the object cache (persistent and non-persistent), I decided to push it a little further. I’ve updated the v3.7 branch with lots of cache-related changes.
FYI – An updated list of features for v3.7:
* Added the “Object Cache Expiry” option with a default value of 60 seconds.
* Many changes to the NGFB caching class to use “file” (disk based), “wp_cache” (non-persistent), or “transient” (persistent) caches.
* Added *persistent* WP object caching code (using WP’s transient functions) for the Open Graph meta tags, the social buttons widget, and shortcodes.
* Added *non-persistant* object caching code (using WP’s wp_cache functions) to the filtered content, which may be used several times for a single webpage.
* Moved the NGFB caching object from the buttons class to the main NGFB class. This was necessary in order to use the cache object for Vimeo’s API.
* Added code to fetch the preview image URL for videos using Vimeo’s API.
* Renamed the
* Fixed the URL used in Open Graph meta tags to keep the query string (minus tracking arguments) for the search results webpage.
Using the WordPress
transientfunctions should improve performance, especially for logged-in users and websites that aren’t using full-webpage caching plugins.
- The topic ‘Version 3.7 available for testing…’ is closed to new replies.