It's Jean, the lead dev behind WP RSS Aggregator.
I just wanted to give you all a little update on what's coming up soon.
First of all, a little background about the plugin. I created this plugin in January 2011 as I needed its functionality for my site WP Mayor. It also served as a playground for me to implement best practices plugin development procedures, so it could also serve as a guide to other new developers.
As you all know the plugin proved to be quite popular, and I've received many requests for improvements and new features. I did release a few updates during the past few years, but there was much more I could do with it.
You've all been waiting for the promised new features, and I've been probably the most anxious to have the new features out, simply because I need them for my own site too. Unfortunately I also had a lot of client work to deal with and I couldn't justify taking a few weeks off from paying jobs to work on a free plugin.
However I've also gotten many offers for donations to implement this or that feature. I didn't take up any of these, again mainly because I didn't have the time to concentrate for a few days/weeks on the plugin. The good news is that I've been following with great interest the newish practice adopted by many of the leading WordPress developers. This consists of having a core free plugin + premium addons.
The idea is that 80% of all users will only ever need the core plugin, but then there are the other 20% that need some more advanced features. The needs of these users will be catered for through the premium addons.
Income from the addons will be used to provide excellent support and also reinvest more time in improving the core plugin and creating more addons. One of my main inspirations is the Easy Digital Downloads plugin by Pippin Williamson, go check it out.
Right now, I'm working full time on improving the core plugin to be able to accommodate add-ons (mainly through code refactoring and using hooks and filters), plus of course creating the add-ons themselves. The inclusion of filters and hooks in the core plugin will also make it easier for those of you who are developers to write their own add-on plugins that hook into WP RSS Aggregator.
I hope this move will satisfy all those of you who have been waiting for the new features. Thanks so much for being patient!
If you have any feedback or feature requests, please feel free to reply on this thread.