Lift: Search for WordPress
[resolved] Version 1.4 only displaying posts from before 2009 (7 posts)

  1. bswen
    Posted 3 years ago #

    Hey guys,

    First, thanks again for Lift, we're using it in production now (at http://rhrealitycheck.org) and have received a lot of positive feedback from our audience and content creators.

    Had some strange behavior after updating to 1.4 today. Search was only returning posts before about 2009. I reverted back to 1.3 and the results were again displayed as expected. I'm guessing it had something to do with our site in particular since that behavior wouldn't have passed testing.

    The only thing I can think of right now that makes content on our site before 2009 different than content after 2009 was the addition of a two taxonomies that no posts before it have and all after do. Do you guys have any ideas why that might have happened?

    I updated our staging site to 1.4 so you can see the behavior here:



  2. prettyboymp
    Plugin Author

    Posted 3 years ago #

    Hi Brady,

    I'm not sure what would be modifying the query off hand. Can you add the following code on line 129 of lift-search/wp/lift-wp-search.php?


    Either add the output here or notify me when it's active on the staging site.

  3. bswen
    Posted 3 years ago #

    The var dump has been added. Thanks for checking it out, let me know what else I can do.

  4. prettyboymp
    Plugin Author

    Posted 3 years ago #

    It looks like the query being sent to AWS is correct. Do you have a lot of documents still showing in your queued documents or any errors showing in the error log under the Lift admin? One thing we added with the latest deploy was the site_id and blog_id so that domains could be shared amongst multisite installs. If, for some reason, the queue hasn't pushed all of the content with the new fields included, they would be excluded from the results.

    If there are a lot of documents still in the queue, you'll need to let them all process. If this is a staging site that doesn't get enough traffic to keep the wp_cron up to date, the easiest way I've found to get around that is to open up a post and let the auto-save act as a cron trigger.

  5. bswen
    Posted 3 years ago #

    No documents to be queued and no errors. I deployed the update to production first (bad practice, I know) and this behavior was happening there, too.

    With the addition of the new fields, will all previously processed documents need to be resent to ACS, then? We have about 12,000 documents in the search instance, so perhaps it had not processed them all yet by the time the behavior was noticed and I reverted to 1.3.

  6. prettyboymp
    Plugin Author

    Posted 3 years ago #

    Yes, all documents will have to be resent. Anytime the schema on CloudSearch is updated, the plugin needs to resend all documents to ensure that each one has all of the required fields indexed and correctly formatted.

  7. bswen
    Posted 3 years ago #

    Gotcha, that must be what happened.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

  • Lift: Search for WordPress
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Support Threads
  • Reviews

About this Topic


No tags yet.