I'm looking to implement a very simple method of allowing staff to check out books stored in our internal library. I've looked online at dedicated CMS for libraries but none of them really seem to do what we need, they're either very expensive (we're a small public sector organisation and do not have the budget to spend thousands on this) or they do not allow members of the public to check out books for themselves.
Would wordpress be capable of doing this? In summary, the site would need to do the following:
- Provide an easy way for admins to add/edit/delete books
- Provide a searchable record of all books in the library, as well as whether it's currently on loan or not
- Allow staff members to register with their staff email, login and then check out books
- Provide email reminders once a book has been out a certain amount of time
- Allow staff to then check the book back in once they've finished reading it
Does anyone know whether this is possible within WordPress, how much development work would be involved and whether there are any existing plugins that will be able to help. Also, if anyone knows of any other systems more suited to my needs it would be massively appreciated.