What is the current thinking on memcached?
- Does it provide a performance increase over WP’s own wp_cache?
- Do people actually use it
- Does it add real world performance increase for object caching?
- Do you just install APC and wp3-total-cache and that beats everything?
I have some servers with other (non WP!) applications using memcached. They also host WP sites. CDN for files is not in the picture, but an easy memcached implentation (say via something like wp-config.php::define(‘USE_MEMCAHED’,true)) would be worth doing.
I’m trying to learn a bit more about it all.
- The topic ‘Using memcached’ is closed to new replies.