Using Import/Export when Moving WordPress to a New Host
– Wants to change hosting companies
– Wants to retain domain name
– Wants fresh install of WordPress on new hosting
– Wants to retain posts/images/comments
– Does not want to mess with databases.
This is what I plan to do:-
– Apply for new hosting (transferring my existing domain to them)
– Wait for nameservers to resolve
– Fresh install of WordPress (via Fantastico/Simplescripts/Independent) on new hosting
– Use EXPORT tool from old wordpress
– Updating permalinks on new hosting
– Use IMPORT tool in new wordpress
– Transfer via FTP images from wp_content/uploads
– Upload/Transfer current theme to new hosting
– Install new plugins to new hosting
– If necessary, meddle with .htaccess on new hosting
Basically on both old and new hosting, it will be the same –
^ Are my steps ok?
^ Do I still need to meddle with databases?
^ Will my pictures still show on my blog?
- The topic ‘Using Import/Export when Moving WordPress to a New Host’ is closed to new replies.