- Wants to change hosting companies
- Wants to retain domain name
- Wants fresh install of WordPress on new hosting
- Wants to retain posts/images/comments
- Does not want to mess with databases.
This is what I plan to do:-
- Apply for new hosting (transferring my existing domain to them)
- Wait for nameservers to resolve
- Fresh install of WordPress (via Fantastico/Simplescripts/Independent) on new hosting
- Use EXPORT tool from old wordpress
- Updating permalinks on new hosting
- Use IMPORT tool in new wordpress
- Transfer via FTP images from wp_content/uploads
- Upload/Transfer current theme to new hosting
- Install new plugins to new hosting
- If necessary, meddle with .htaccess on new hosting
Basically on both old and new hosting, it will be the same -
^ Are my steps ok?
^ Do I still need to meddle with databases?
^ Will my pictures still show on my blog?