Support » Fixing WordPress » Using Google fonts

  • I have a problem getting a Google font showing properly on my WordPress site. I doubt it is a problem with WordPress, but I think I am more likely to et an answer here (I hope).

    I am changing fonts on my website. I previously had a text font (Merriweather) and a Display font. Both came from Google fonts and I loaded both in the functions.php file using enqueue.

    I have changed the text font to Lato from Google fonts, but it won’t show in Safari (which I generally work in) but does show in Chrome. Using Whatfont extension, I can see that Safari is not loading Lato but the generic Sans Serif file which is the fallback in the font declaration in the stylesheet.

    So my questions are, please:

    1. Has anyone else had this problem and solved it?
    2. Is there any problem if I load the fonts in header.php?

    Thanks

    The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Update: I have isolated the problem.

    The enqueue function in functions.php loads both fonts in one instruction. But Safari will only recognise the second one loaded. When I change the order, Lato is shown correctly and the display font goes to the generic font.

    This is strange but seems to be the case. If anyone has ideas, that would be great thanks, otherwise I will try an Apple forum.

    Thanks.

    Glad to know you figured out the issue. Better contact the theme author/theme support forum.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.